Warts/Growths

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Warts/Growths

Postby GSP » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:50 pm

Our dog attends Doggie Daycare for excercise, mental stimulation etc.. The downfall is sometimes he gets "things" that don't make us happy such as kennel cough (but he REALLY likes daycare so we want to keep him there). The recent "thing" was warts on his lips which I come to find out other dogs at daycare have these in and around their mouths especially on their lips. Obviously they are contagious and now our relatives four dogs have them.

They start out like a little wart and just keep on growing. Our dog had to have htem surgically removed which I regret as it was so overhwelming for him.

Anyone else ever heard of such a thing? Any other way to get rid of these nasty things (surgery for four dogs will be big bucks)

Was wondering if human wart medication would work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.
GSP

Sorry

Postby cindie » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:44 pm

Hi,
sorry i have never heard of this.At the day care do they enforce that all dogs have to be
vacc and in good health?.
I understand your dog likes it there but obviously he has picked it up there.Do you still
plan on letting him go?.

Good luck and hopefully you will find a cheaper cure.
cindie

Postby stephen brown » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:52 am

GSP,
Don't know if wart remover would work. I've thought of using the stuff as one of my spaniels has had a wart on his upper lip for a couple of years. The wart doesn't seem to be bothering the dog and hasn't spread to the other dogs. So I don't worry about it.
stephen brown
Started
Started

Postby MCTuna » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:39 am

Wart med is an acid and it burns the wart off over a period of time with reapplication. I dont know if that would be OK to put on your dogs lips. I would ask the vet.
Tuna
"Sam" Grey Wynn Franklin's Freedom SDX,RDX, NAVHDA UT 1 (204)
"Delilah" Westend's Buck'n the Wind SD,NSD, NAVHDA UT 2 (200)
MCTuna
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to Healthcare