Corona Virus

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Corona Virus

Postby stubblejumper » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:18 am

Has anyone else had a dog diagnosed with corona virus? My pup was about 11 months old when he started passing a bit of blood in his stools every two or three days, so I took him to the vet, and after a stool sample was sent to the lab, I was told that he had corona virus. The blood stopped after a few weeks, but then about a month later, it reappeared, so the vet suspects that either he caught the virus again, or never fully got over it I am now feeding the dog probiotics to help him fight the virus, and hopefully, he gets over it, and doesn't get it again.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Corona Virus

Postby orhunter » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:24 am

I've had a couple of pups develop similar symptoms but never got a diagnosis beyond saying it wasn't Parvo. I just put them on a bland diet for a few days and problem solved.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm

What test was run? I can't say I've ever tested for it, let alone had a case.
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby stubblejumper » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:What test was run? I can't say I've ever tested for it, let alone had a case.

A stool sample was sent to a lab, and the results were negative for worms or parasites, but positive for corona virus. There was no testing this time, but the vet is assuming that the virus either survived or he contracted it again. Other than the drops of blood in some stools, there are no other symptoms. I am adding probiotics on his food and monitoring, and today, no blood at all.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Healthcare