Teething puppies, suggestions.. medications?

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Teething puppies, suggestions.. medications?

Postby ANick » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:55 am

All,
If you are thinking about getting a new puppy.. lots of chewy toys. Chew Hooves, a rather disgusting smelling thing but a sanity savior, are on my short list. Kong puppy chew toys... shoot, the adult ones if need be, a few stuffed squeakies...

OMG the little beast is out of her crate... my ANKLES!!!! Aaarrghhhh...

Medications. Currently I'm taking one finger of 12 year old single malt... it helps...

:edit:
Okay, two hours have passed. The priest just left, the exorcism seems to have worked. The cute, cuddly, little pink-tongued bundle of joy was mostly her lovable, innocent self when I set her back down. She strolled over to her crate quietly and curled up in the corner. Life is good.

That said, when I turned the light off in the room, I thought I saw two glowing red eyes in that crate.
ANick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Teething puppies, suggestions.. medications?

Postby JASmith » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:23 am

LOL.

I can't wait to be in this situation. :)
Rock Creek Gooseberry (Rebel)
JASmith
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby stubblejumper » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Ankles, arms, those puppy teeth hurt pretty much wherever the tiny terror bites you,
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby ANick » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:46 am

stubblejumper wrote:Ankles, arms, those puppy teeth hurt pretty much wherever the tiny terror bites you,

.... and at long last, the last of Her Darling Self's baby canine fell on the kitchen floor. I thought she dropped a pebble from outside, but no, there it was.

I have it contained in a small vial of Holy Water.

Remarkably, there really was a sweet puppy under that land piranha. Just a few days past 5 months.
ANick
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Huntin4fun » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:49 am

I would soak and freeze a wash cloth. My pup loved to cure and hold it in his mouth when teething. Plus, it helped pull out any hanging teeth, and absorbed any blood.
Huntin4fun
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby 3drahthaars » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:49 am

ANick wrote:
stubblejumper wrote:Ankles, arms, those puppy teeth hurt pretty much wherever the tiny terror bites you,

.... and at long last, the last of Her Darling Self's baby canine fell on the kitchen floor. I thought she dropped a pebble from outside, but no, there it was.

I have it contained in a small vial of Holy Water.

Remarkably, there really was a sweet puppy under that land piranha. Just a few days past 5 months.

Mine took the cues... i.e. when I yelled in pain.

Twice, she woke me from a knap with a piercing. First, the nostril. The second, and last occasion she pierced my eye lid at the top of the socket.

By the time I finished screaming, cleaned the blood off of my face, and verified the eyeball hadn't been impaled she was quietly, obediently, and apologetically sitting in the hall outside of our bedroom door.

She is still very "oral". She will come up from behind and pinch me in the @$$ to let me know she is there and get my attention. But, it is much gentler.

And, she likes to cuddle and nibble on my neck or shoulder.

Good luck, it will pass all too soon.

3ds
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:27 am

If it is a young puppy, 6 to 10 weeks, pick it up and put it in your lap. When the puppy bites you, get right up behind it's ear and growl. No sissy growls. The pup has to know your "dead" serious. They almost always stop biting and lick the place they were biting to make amends. Might also depend on how long the pup has been getting his way.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Healthcare