Bloat

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Bloat

Postby 3drahthaars » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:28 am

lanco wrote:If you ever spay your current pup, have a pexy done at the same time. Or inquire with your veterinarian about a prophylactic pexy w/o a spay. We do them for great Danes occasionally.

Lanco,

Interesting that you mentioned that. My buddy with the two that bloated mentioned the same thing... unfortunately, we'd had our pup spayed about a week prior.

I'll just have to stay on top of it. We feed two meals, watch water intake, keep pup in shape...

Thanks all for the inputs,

3ds
3drahthaars
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Bloat

Postby Steve Anker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:28 pm

As previously discussed.....My CHILI BEAN bloated, we rushed her to the Hospital and they did emergency surgery, all went well, however when she was recouperating in the Hospital a blood clot ended her life. I blame the torsion, the bloat even though the surgery was successful.
She had a full productive life, 13yrs with us on the Ponderosa, just weren't ready to say goodbye.
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Healthcare