Help with my old friend

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Help with my old friend

Postby roosterbrews » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:59 am

Vinnie is a 10 year old GSP and yesterdays hunt seems to have been a bit much for him. He is having problems getting up and his hind legs seem to be really bothering him. He is in good condition weight wise and is a very happy dog. Is there anything I can give him to help him out or just more recovery time and shorter hunts. I know some sort of anti-inflamitory is most likely what will help the problem right now and we are going to the vet monday but is there anything else to help him build him up. I would hate to bench a dog totally with as much drive for hunting as this but he is a hurting unit right now.
roosterbrews
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Help with my old friend

Postby hicntry » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:26 am

Read this and try it. Great stuff and takes about 1 month to see the difference. Beats the heck out of the other joints compounds.

http://workingdogs.com/doc0039.htm
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby roosterbrews » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 pm

I got him some C9 Senior aches for the weekend.
roosterbrews
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby roosterbrews » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:13 pm

I'll do some reading on the Ester C I think it has more to do with old joints than hip displasia but i'll let the vet decide.
roosterbrews
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby hicntry » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm

It is your dog.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Healthcare