Dog + Alum. Foil

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Dog + Alum. Foil

Postby Smilin Jack » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:56 pm

My 6 mo old PP got a 4x6 piece of foil from a Steak Sub ... Anything I shouold worry about besides Her trying to pass it .... It was rolled up into a ball ...... :?: :?:
If You Can't be a Good Example then You will just have to Serve as a Horrible Warning
Smilin Jack
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Dog + Alum. Foil

Postby huntnvet » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:21 am

What was the approx diameter of the ball? How much does your dog weigh?
huntnvet
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Smilin Jack » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 pm

33-34 lbs. 6 mo . The ball was almost 1 in ... Did not see her pass it this morning [ we hunted geese in the marsh ] but she seemed fine . Doesn't show any discomfort that I can detect ...... She was swimming and running in the reeds almost all morning . She is asleep now ... Should I over feed to try and force the issue or just watch for any sign of a problem ?
If You Can't be a Good Example then You will just have to Serve as a Horrible Warning
Smilin Jack
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JulieJ » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:30 pm

A friend's golden retriever are a whole pincushion full of pins and the vet advised her to feed the dog a few pieces of white bread to form a ball around the metal to help ease the passing.
JulieJ
Started
Started

Postby Smilin Jack » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 pm

finally had to go the vets ..... She was showing signs of discomfort ... Let her run for a minute or to before we left .... Lost sight of her for a few minutes but when she came back she seemed better ... X-ray and 158 later , she had evidently passed it in those few minutes . No sign of anything but some gaseous areeas and some signs of swelling but she will be fine ... Nomore steak subs wrapped in alum. foil around here ....

Also was advised to give her peanut butter and peroxide to make her vomit . A friend told me to try it . has anyone else heard off this ??
Smilin Jack
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby SMAbby » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 pm

Smilin Jack wrote:finally had to go the vets ..... She was showing signs of discomfort ... Let her run for a minute or to before we left .... Lost sight of her for a few minutes but when she came back she seemed better ... X-ray and 158 later , she had evidently passed it in those few minutes . No sign of anything but some gaseous areeas and some signs of swelling but she will be fine ... Nomore steak subs wrapped in alum. foil around here ....

Also was advised to give her peanut butter and peroxide to make her vomit . A friend told me to try it . has anyone else heard off this ??

Not the peanut butter. But peroxide will do the trick. I use about 2 teaspoons on my pup when she ate something I needed back.

Glad your pup is ok.

You can still have your subs, just pick it up! :D
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
Baja vom Wamsbach VJP 64, HZP 169, NA 112
Anka vom Loofkamp VJP 66, HZP 139,HZP 172, NA 112
Krystal Creeks Untamed Spirit ( Abby) NA 93 Prize III UT 200 Prize II
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby blue04 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:10 am

SMAbby wrote:Not the peanut butter. But peroxide will do the trick. I use about 2 teaspoons on my pup when she ate something I needed back.

The peanut butter is just to get them to swallow the peroxide without a fight. Most dogs will gobble down anything that's mixed with peanut butter.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Healthcare