Costco - Nature's Domain

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Costco - Nature's Domain

Postby Crashola » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:01 am

I decided I had to switch my dog off the Kirkland Supreme dog food -- it gave her too much gas. While I was at Costco this weekend, I noticed they had a grain-free dog food called Nature's Domain. They had turkey-sweet potato and salmon-sweet potato versions. The cost was about $28 for a 35-lb bag. I grabbed a bag of the turkey version to give it a try. I read in a few places that it is manufactured by Diamond. Has anyone fed their dogs Nature's domain? And if so, what has your experience been with this dog food.

Here's a link to their nutritional information if anyone is curious. http://www.naturesdomainpetfood.com/about-natures-domain

Thanks,

Kevin
Crashola
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Costco - Nature's Domain

Postby orhunter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am

I looked at the ingredients and it contains Canola Oil. Most dogs tolerate it okay and a few don't. One of mine doesn't and almost killed her with the stuff.

I know about the gas issue. Dogs just about drive me out of the house sometimes.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Crashola » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks. She's had dog food in the past that contained canola and we didn't have any issues. But just in case, what kinds of symptoms should I be aware of if it is a problem?
Crashola
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby nldd » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Crashola,orhunter ,i don't know if it's the canola oil in the costco chicken\rice we were giving our dd ,but we had to get out of the house for days for the gas to clear :lol: :crazyeyes: :(
nldd
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby MadMax » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Both my dogs had bad gas from kirkland, plus they waste was double the normal size, and twice as often.

MadMax
MadMax
Started
Started

Postby charlie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 am

MadMax,

Trying to blame the gas on the dogs again? That's not cool.
charlie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby orhunter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:30 am

Charlie: Dogs or the wife unit.... Gotta pick our battles.....

Crashola: Symptoms a lot like Salmonosis. Cramping, shakes, drooling, vomiting, rapid heartbeat, a general overall look of misery. Could be some neurological stuff going on also. Not pretty.

Lately I've been feeding straight Kirkland, mixing the green with the purple and nothing else. During hunting season I mixed in 25% Orijen (no grain) but when the season closed, I thought I'd try straight Kirkland. That's when the gas got bad. Yesterday I got another bag of Orijen and some Taste of The Wild to mix with the Kirkland. Instant success.....
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Crashola » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:03 am

The Kirkland purple bag is definitely the culprit for my dog. A local shop gave me some Taste of the Wild samples that I fed her over the weekend -- no gas problems at all. When those ran out, I gave her some more Kirkland to finish off my last bag and she about killed every living thing in the house last night. Hopefully, the Nature's Domain will remedy the issue.
Crashola
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby SelahCowgirl » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:59 pm

I think that Natures Domain is almost comparable with Taste of the Wild. I switched from Canidae to TOTW and love what it has done.
SelahCowgirl
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Crashola » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Update: Two weeks into the Nature's Domain and the gas problems have disappeared. We're liking this stuff so far.
Crashola
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby artrodex » Fri May 18, 2012 8:17 pm

I feed my dogs NatureĀ“s Domain Salmon version is the best my English bulldog no more skin problem and my jagdterrier perfect with that good energy level and no stool problems
artrodex
Pup
Pup

Return to Healthcare