Ester C and Hip Dysplasia

Diseases, proactive care, geriatric issues, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Ester C and Hip Dysplasia

Postby hicntry » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:10 pm

Some of you may find this study of interest
---------------------------------------------------
http://www.workingdogs.com/doc0039.htm
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Hank » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:20 pm

That's interesting. I wonder if Ester-C will work for humans too? I've got a little arthritis of my own that needs curing. Glucosamine/chondroitin never worked for me but I used that combo on my older dog when she developed arthritis and it seemed to help but never did try her on Ester-C.
Hank
bigpharma2002@yahoo.com
Cedarwoods Topaz Dawn (aka Ellie)
Pudelpointer
Hank
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby hicntry » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:13 pm

Hank, about eight years ago I was about 8 steps up on one of those old wood ladders with the big round steps. The eighth one broke and I broke all the other seven with the instep of both feet. I could walk but when I first got out of a chair or bed it took aboout 10 slow, painfull steps to get going to where it wasn't obvious. Once I got going it still hurt but I could manage it to go hunting. A dog man in Oregon told me about Ester C and his dogs so I tried it. Been taking it for about 5 years, still go bear hunting and hog hunting in relative comfort.....unless I run out. After about three to four days it is starting to hurt again. I can still feel my feet hurting after a long trek to get the dogs but it is nothing like it used to be. Also, when it does bother me, a couple of advil takes care of it now where it didn't used to.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Hank » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:46 am

That's interesting. I ordered a 90 day supply of ester-C yesterday and can't wait to see if it helps me. I already take regular vitamin C (1000 mg per day) and it doesn't seem to do anything. I had a similar mishap a few years ago while sailing in the BVI's. I was trying to climb off a dock into a deep hulled fishing boat when my feet went out from under me and I fell about 8 ft into the bottom of the boat. Landed on my right side REAL hard. Fortunately, I didn't break anything (that I know of) but did have a real hard time moving my right arm and leg for a week or so afterwards. Ever since then I've had periodic trouble with my right knee, hip, and neck. A fall like that would have normally killed me but it was 3 am on New Years Eve and I was feeling no pain (until the next morning!) #-o
Hank
bigpharma2002@yahoo.com
Pudelpointer
Hank
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Hank » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:19 pm

Hicntry,

I am a born again ester-C advocate! I've been suffering with neck pain continuously for the last two months and had to take ibuprofen at least twice a day just to get by. I began taking 1000 mg of time released ester-C once a day a week ago and noticed the effects almost immediately. It's almost too good to be true. I've never been a big believer in homeopathy but in this case the stuff works. While I can still feel the arthritis in my neck, the pain is now so minimal I don't need ibuprofen anymore! I'm going to get my parents to take this stuff over Christmas to see if it helps their arthritis problems!
Hank
bigpharma2002@yahoo.com
Pudelpointer
Hank
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby hicntry » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:08 pm

You would be surprised how many times I have hears stories like that Hank. Everything from feet, shoulders, knees...now necks. I am a believer. Hallelluya(sp) I am going on the road.LOL

hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Healthcare