SW Michigan

North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association Tests

Moderator: Moderator Pack

SW Michigan

Postby WPG3 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Glad to be aboard. New to this forum but old to pointing dogs. I have 3 griffs.Two in the lineup and one old retiree like myself.I am looking for a training group in the SW Michigan area. Any advice?
WPG3
Pup
Pup

Re: SW Michigan

Postby marsh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:41 am

I believe that there is a NAVHDA group that trains in Kalamazoo at Abbey Lane kennels (GSP Kennel). I think if you search NAVHDA site you can get contact info if you need it. I will see if I can find it if needed. I am in SE MI-so too far to assist. But if you are ever over this way let me know. Are your Griffs out of Northstar?
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby WPG3 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have heard that name before. Guess I need to see if they are still active. My girls come out of Missouri and my old retired boy is a rescue buddy who has been with us for 14 years. Most griffs in our area come from Northstar. Like to meet him some day.Really like to find a local group that trains weekly now that I'm retired and finally have the time to give my dogs.
WPG3
Pup
Pup

Postby marsh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:52 pm

My friend is a breeder of Griffs over here in SEMI. He shares some dogs with Northstar. There are quite a few Griffs in our club too.

Looks like NAVHDA shows the contact for the SW area being in Fruitport. Here is the page that might help.http://www.navhda.us/chapterinfo.aspx

Not sure how often they train. Our chapter has formal training days weekly and we train multiple times a week on our own too. Good luck, hope it helps.
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby bkroll » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 pm

I see this post is a month old but they train both at Rob's (Abbe Lane kennels) in Kalamazoo every Monday evening beginning in April, and North of Nunica every Wednesday starting mid-April ( after quiet time).
bkroll
Pup
Pup

Return to NAVHDA